Richard Denton, Partner and Head of Private Client for OGR Stock Denton LLP, will be travelling to Tanzania next month to take part in the Mount Kilimanjaro mountain challenge, helping raise funds for GIFT.
Together with other professionals, Richard will aim to summit Kilimanjaro over a 7 day period. The funds raised will help GIFT continue their vital work and support those in need.
Richard explains his motivation for taking part in the challenge:
‘GIFT is a charity whose mission is to inspire and enable lifelong giving. Our firm has always supported GIFT both raise funds for various charitable causes and by volunteering. This event is a great opportunity to push myself to limit and take part in a once in a lifetime experience. I look forward to gaining insight into the lives and culture of the local community, as well as taking in some of the most the beautiful scenery in world.
After speaking to Sandor Milun, managing director for GIFT, I was convinced that I wanted to be a part of this fantastic opportunity. I hope that other professionals like me will follow suit and take up the opportunity to get involved and help raise funds for GIFT.’
More about GIFT
GIFT was first registered as a charity in 2004. Since then it has grown to raise funds for several causes and amongst other things, has continuously supplied food parcels to those who are in need of support. In a typical year GIFT generates:
- 25,800 acts of giving by school, university students and Young Professionals
- 18,000 food support parcels distributed to over 1000 recipients
- Providing over 9,900 hot meals and 19,100 food packages and other assistance to those in need, including isolated and elderly individuals, single parent families and others experiencing trauma and distress.
- 23,000 individual items of food donated via the GIFT boxes and collections and thousands more through food drives
- 27,720 attendances recorded at GIFT education sessions at over 100 venues
- 38,360 hours of volunteering through various initiatives supporting those in the community in real need.
To make a donation towards the campaign, please use this link – https://lnkd.in/ep33hG4F