Buying or selling a business is a complicated process and if you are about to enter into a transaction, you will inevitably need expert legal support and advice.
At OGR Stock Denton, our Company and Commercial team will work strategically with you your accountants and other professional advisers at every stage of the transaction, from the beginning of the negotiations through to completion.
Along the way we can provide efficient, plain-language advice on the issues that you need to be aware of and draft all the relevant documents required as part of the deal.
By way of example we can help with:
- Drafting heads of terms, “lockouts” and non-disclosure agreements
- Conducting legal due diligence
- Drafting/Negotiating sale and purchase agreements for assets and shares
- Asset sales
- Buying or selling shares in a private company
- Management buy outs and buy ins
- Reorganisation and legal structuring advice
- Limited Liability Partnership advice and general partnership advice
- Directors duties
- Drafting company resolutions
- Company secretarial work
- Shareholders agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Funding arrangements
- Articles of association and other constitution documents
- Share buy backs
- Hive offs
- Succession planning
- Share subscription agreements
- General company law advice
We have experience of various sectors including professional services, property, manufacturing and education. In our most recent work we have:
- Acted on an investment in a company in healthcare sector
- Acted on management buyout of specialist/niche travel company
- Acted on several sales and acquisitions of accountancy businesses.
- Acted on the sale of an OFSTED-regulated nursery operating company to one of its competitors.
- Acted on the sale of a manufacturing company to an AIM-listed purchaser.
- Advised on the buyout by a 50 per cent shareholder of a specialist trading company.
- Advised on a complex 50 per cent sale of an established English clothing brand to an Italian manufacturing and distribution company.
- Acted on the cross-border sale of a fast-growing English-owned online business to an American dotcom.
In another matter, we offered legal advice on the acquisition of an professional service business with complex calculation of the purchase price and deferred payments/earn outs.
Other sectors we have experience of include professional services, property, manufacturing and education (the team was recently involved in the sale of an OFSTED-regulated nursery operating company to one of its competitors.)
The team can work to tight deadlines, assist in negotiations and assess the potential risks.
OGR Stock Denton is also regularly instructed by overseas clients who are looking to set up operations in the UK. For further details please visit our international services section.
If you require further advice on the legal process for buying or selling a business, please visit our contact us page.