Business owners, property investors, overseas clients and high-net-worth individuals seeking to mitigate their Inheritance and Capital Gains Tax liabilities benefit from my 20 years’ experience as a Solicitor and Chartered Tax Adviser.
I am committed to providing the most suitable solutions, enabling clients to minimise their tax exposure whilst ensuring the protection of their assets. To this end I work very hard to understand the client’s objectives and ensure our advice is tailored to their individual needs.
I believe in a proactive approach and will explore possible tax planning opportunities with executors, trustees and beneficiaries through the use of deeds of variation, trusts and by making gifts to charities.
Non-resident clients also benefit from my extensive experience advising on the use of double tax treaties, forced heirship rules and the legislation affecting foreign domiciliaries. I also hold the STEP Advanced Certificate in UK Tax for International Clients.
In addition I prepare and register Lasting Powers of Attorney covering both property and affairs and health and welfare issues and make applications to the Court of Protection for family members to be appointed as a deputy.
Having previously worked at Deloitte I subsequently used my specialist tax experience to set up my own practice for a number of years. I later joined OGR Stock Denton’s Private Client department.
“Pleasant, patient, intelligent, very helpful and quick to understand our needs.”
- Advising property owners on ways to divest themselves of the asset but retaining the rental income.
- Advising business owners on the use of trusts for the benefit of the surviving spouse, children and other family members.
- Advising overseas clients on the structure of their investments to reduce their potential tax liability.
- Advising clients on the reduction of the rate payable by beneficiaries of the estate by making gifts to charity.
- Advising high-net-worth individuals on the use of their surplus income to make gifts to family members in a tax efficient manner.
- STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners)
- Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT)
- The Law Society of England and Wales
I regularly present seminars at business breakfast meetings and stress the importance of Will and estate planning.
Gujarati and Hindi
I am married with two children and in my spare time I enjoy watching cricket, keeping fit and travelling.