My main expertise is in advising on real estate and property where I have gained over 25 years’ experience in many areas including acquisitions and sales, leases, refinancing (acting for lenders and borrowers). I have represented clients in many sectors including investment, retail, health and leisure as well as buying and selling companies with one property and/ or portfolio.
I also have considerable experience of purchasing freeholds and extending leases of blocks of flats and development of mixed units comprising houses and/ or flats and/or commercial premises.
I pride myself on always looking at a transaction from the client’s viewpoint and I try my utmost to communicate regularly both on the phone and by email. I am happy to liaise out of normal hours when necessary.
I qualified as a solicitor in 1985 and formed my own practice, Michael Stock & Co, in North London when I was 28-years-old.
“Dedicated, caring and reliable-indeed, if it's important to us, it's important to Michael who is proactive for us; he always keeps us informed, even after normal working hours- we so value Michael as a vital part of our team.” --- David Green, Managing Director of Rion Investments Limited
“Thank you for a great result. We would never have made it within the deadline without you driving things forward in such a determined manner.”
“...neither of other two buyers’ solicitors were anywhere near as probing and diligent as you. So you and your team are indeed to be congratulated for your highly diligent approach and this does in my experience set you apart!”
“You gave us excellent service.”
- Advised on the acquisition and property aspects of Portsmouth Football Club in 2004 - they stayed up in the Premiership and won the FA Cup the following year (I'd like to think I made a small indirect contribution!).
- Advised on major sales, purchases and refinancing for companies such as Rion Investments Limited and its shareholder and his family of buildings in King's Cross, EC1, Hampstead and Highgate involving tight deadlines including hybrid of offices and serviced offices.
- Advised on a residential development including interplay with Landlord and Tenant Act 1987.
- Acted for client in sale of eight petrol stations valued at over £9million.
- Advised on acquisition of two new 15 years leases on an existing premises.
- Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS)
- The Law Society
Outside of work I sit on the boards of two charities and play tennis (having been an ex Junior County player). I also enjoy music and bridge.