Graeme has specialised in family law throughout his career of over 20 years. Formerly a Partner at Hunters, he joined OGR Stock Denton LLP as a Partner in October 2017.
He has considerable experience in advising on financial settlements involving complex assets and substantial wealth, and on cohabitation, for which he holds the Resolution specialist accreditation. He also belongs to the Law Society Family Accreditation Scheme. His work often involves international aspects, and settlements involving commercial risk, such as insolvency or liquidity issues. Graeme has been trained by Resolution and subsequently developed part of his practice to include resolving disputes using the collaborative process.
He maintains a keen interest in the legal rights of unmarried parents, and is chair of Resolution’s Cohabitation Committee, which has an agenda to reform cohabitation. In recognition of his considerable depth of published work often highlighting the plight of unmarried couples under the current law, he received the prestigious Family Law Commentator of the Year Award in 2018. He is consultant editor and author for LexisPSL Family on cohabitation. Additionally, he is the editor of Resolution’s Cohabitation Claims, which is currently being revised and and one of the authors of Resolution’s The Modern Family (2012)
Graeme has been recommended in the Legal 500.
- Domestic abuse survivors to “shape future of family courts”
- Law Commission calls for overhaul of surrogacy laws
- New rules allowing opposite-sex civil partnerships written into law
- Domestic abuse rate spikes during England World Cup matches
- Minister for Women talks about forthcoming Domestic Abuse Bill
- Property tycoon’s wife fails to increase divorce settlement of £51.4 million
- Questions raised as Ministry of Justice launches online divorce portal
- Court of Appeal denies wife lifetime maintenance award
- Cohabitation issue is raised in Parliament
- OGR Partner joins debate on some of the biggest family law questions