The Corporate & Commercial team is led by Gitta Altmann, who has more than 20 years of experience in advising corporate clients on a wide range of company and commercial law matters.
Gitta is well-known for her expertise in assisting non-UK headquartered clients and exceed their ambitions for carrying out business in the UK. She has particular expertise in advising UK clients, German-speaking clients (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) but also Scandinavian clients and those based in North America.
Gitta is an expert in all elements of commercial law, from high-level strategic advice to detailed drafting. This includes a full understanding of the Employment Law needs of the businesses she works with and she can expertly advise on not only Employment Law for UK businesses, but also assist overseas clients when it comes to employing UK workers.
I have lived in England for more than 30 years and was educated at King's College School of Law, University of London and in Germany at the Universities of Passau and Heidelberg. I have worked in the City for well over 18 years. I took the NY bar whilst a trainee and was admitted to the NY Bar in the late 1990s.
“Our company’s Terms of Business and Privacy Policies went beyond our expectations in terms of efficiency, costs and the speed in devising high-quality documents.”
- Acted on several sales and acquisitions of accountancy businesses.
- Acted on the sale of an OFSTED-regulated nursery operating company to one of its competitors
- Acted on the sale of a manufacturing company to AIM-listed purchaser.
- Drafted and advised on several bespoke and complex commercial contracts covering a wide range of industries.
- Drafted various complex subscription and shareholder agreements.
- Advised various overseas legal entities on their investment into the UK, with particular focus on the possible implications for the investor of employing individuals based in the UK.
- Advised on the buyout by a 50 per cent shareholder of a specialist trading company.
- Advised on a complex 50 per cent sale of an established English clothing brand to an Italian manufacturing and distribution company.
- Acted on the cross border sale of a fast growing English-owned online business to an American dotcom.
- Admitted as an attorney at law to the New York Bar
- Deputy chairperson of the British-Swiss Chamber of Commerce and member of the UK Chapter Committee
- Honorary Counsel to the Council of British Chambers of Commerce in Europe (COBCOE)
- Co-chair of the Women in Business Network (WIBN)
Away from work I enjoy travel and outdoor pursuits.