I have over 20 years’ experience working in Corporate Commercial and Employment law and typically advise mid-size corporate clients from both the UK and overseas on a wide range of matters including business and share sales and acquisitions, joint ventures and commercial contracts. I also advise on a broad range of non-contentious employment law matters.
I am known for my specialist expertise in advising non-UK headquartered clients mainly, but not exclusively, from German speaking countries (Germany, Austria and Switzerland). In particular I provide advice on inward investment matters such as establishing a footprint in England.
“foreign expert” in Corporate/M&A – Chambers Global 2014
“leading individual” – Chambers Global 2014
I have lived in England for more than 30 years and was educated at King's College School of Law, University of London and in Germany at the Universities of Passau and Heidelberg. I have worked in the City for well over 18 years. I took the NY bar whilst a trainee and was admitted to the NY Bar in the late 1990s.
“Our company’s Terms of Business and Privacy Policies went beyond our expectations in terms of efficiency, costs and the speed in devising high-quality documents.”
- Acted on several sales and acquisitions of accountancy businesses.
- Acted on the sale of an OFSTED-regulated nursery operating company to one of its competitors
- Acted on the sale of a manufacturing company to AIM-listed purchaser.
- Drafted and advised on several bespoke and complex commercial contracts covering a wide range of industries.
- Drafted various complex subscription and shareholder agreements.
- Advised various overseas legal entities on their investment into the UK, with particular focus on the possible implications for the investor of employing individuals based in the UK.
- Advised on the buyout by a 50 per cent shareholder of a specialist trading company.
- Advised on a complex 50 per cent sale of an established English clothing brand to an Italian manufacturing and distribution company.
- Acted on the cross border sale of a fast growing English-owned online business to an American dotcom.
- Admitted as an attorney at law to the New York Bar
- Deputy chairperson of the British-Swiss Chamber of Commerce and member of the UK Chapter Committee
- Honorary Counsel to the Council of British Chambers of Commerce in Europe (COBCOE)
- Co-chair of the Women in Business Network (WIBN)
Away from work I enjoy travel and outdoor pursuits.