As an employer
When you have staff on the payroll with significant employment rights, you need a professional on your side to cover employer-employee relationships correctly. When legal questions arise, we aim to add value to your organisation.
Because legislation changes regularly, shrewd business management involves having expert legal service at your disposal. At OGR Stock Denton, our employment law solicitors understand the unique complexities of each case.
Your employment law solicitor will consider the relevant facts and advise on the most appropriate resolution(s). Often, the most pragmatic way to resolve matters promptly and cost-effectively is through an out-of-court settlement.
However, in some instances, it is not possible to negotiate a solution. In these circumstances, a tribunal hearing could be on the cards. When a solicitor or barrister represents your company, you can count on the highly effective presentation of your case to the presiding judge.
Handling an employment law issue for an employer involves:
- Reviewing and advising the claimant.
- Attempting pre-claim conciliation wherever appropriate.
- Advising and preparing a defence or response.
- Applying to the Tribunal.
- Drawing up a schedule of loss.
- Preparing for (but not attending) a preliminary hearing.
- Advising on obligations re. disclosure and exchanging documents with the other side.
- Agreeing a bundle of documents for the hearing.
- Drafting statements, including witnesses.
- Considering and advising on the opposing side’s witness statements.
- Agreeing a list of issues.
- Preparing for the hearing and instructing Counsel.
Thanks to their members’ experience, our employment law team understands both sides’ positions. Carefully, they will anticipate the likely response, evaluate their argument(s) and work to minimise costs wherever possible.