"Thank you. I could not have got through the last two nightmare years without your help"
"Thank you for all your help and hard work in getting this case to a conclusion"
*For confidentiality reasons we are unable to disclose client names
My extensive experience covers all aspects of family relationship breakdown, with a focus on financial and children's issues.
I have acted for clients in the most acrimonious of divorces as well as for clients who seek a "light touch" as matters have been resolved through mediation or direct negotiations.
In addition, I advise on nuptial and cohabitation agreements which require robust advice but with sensitivity to the relationship of the parties and have also been involved in long running children's cases.
A particular area of expertise includes advising on complex financial cases involving companies, trusts and investment properties which require attention to detail and persistence.
I aim to provide a cool head and empathetic ear at times of immense emotional upheaval. With an eye to costs which can easily escalate I try to find pragmatic solutions to resolve matters in a cost effective manner. I find that inflammatory solicitor correspondence merely adds to costs without solving the underlying issues. Where possible I seek to determine matters through negotiation but if this is not possible I have extensive experience in bringing matters to a conclusion through the courts.
Court of Protection - Vulnerable adult and Elder law
As well as advising on the costs of care and elder abuse I represent clients who act as deputies under the supervision of the Court of Protection and those who wish to become deputies or attorneys especially in contested matters. In conjunction with the private client department I have successfully applied for statutory wills for those who do not have the capacity to make a will.
I have advised care homes in respect of the Mental Capacity Act; given seminars to professionals on the Mental Capacity Act guidelines and spoken at a number of events sponsored by care charities.
Recent notable experience:
- Advised on multi-million pound dispute involving linked companies and multiple trusts. Hotly disputed as to the control of the companies and the value of the shares that could be included within the matrimonial assets.
- Long running child contact dispute including allegations of violence and child welfare issues.
- Dispute including multiple properties some of which held on trust for child who was represented by the Official Solicitor;
- Represented a client in the Court of Protection in overturning an existing will with a statutory will in a keenly contested case;
- Representing client with severe communication difficulties proving that he had the capacity to make a Lasting Power of Attorney in a matter where the registration of the Lasting Power was contested. Method of taking instructions commended in the judgment of the court.
I qualified as a barrister in 1987. After completing pupillage and a year at the bar I went to Israel, re-qualified and worked in the Ministry of Justice and then in the Ministry of the Environment. After a year in Washington DC where I completed a Masters degree in International Legal Studies, I returned to the UK and started working at Stock Fraser Cukier in 2003 requalifiying (again) as a solicitor in 2005.
- Accredited Law Society Family Specialist
- Member of Resolution
- Member of Solicitors for the Elderly
When not looking after my family I involve myself in community work and social action; I also enjoy yoga; cycling (not especially fast but quite a long way) and the great outdoors.